On January 7 at 5:15 pm, a truck driver while waiting for the delivery of his container left the designated safe zone and moved into an operational area placing himself behind a row of containers.
While positioned in the row of containers, the truck driver would not be visible to straddle operators and therefore at a high risk of being impacted by a straddle.
- Straddle Operator ceased the exchange and notified LCT Control
- The truck driver was instructed to return to the designated safe area
- The incident was reported
- The driver’s access has been suspended
- LPC has requested a full investigation from the truck transport company involved
- An on-site meeting with the driver and a company representative has been requested to discuss the risk
For further information, please contact: [email protected]